Frequently Asked Questions
Don't see a question you want answered? Let us know and we'll add it!
1. How will my company benefit by using Weave The People?
If you’ve decided to have a face-to-face meeting then you already know the power of your people. Weave The People maximizes your investment in such events, replacing the randomness of networking with purpose-driven conversations. People walk away with new business partners, best practices and a web-enabled Weave to keep the conversation going.
2. Why do I need Weave The People now?
In these difficult times, many people fear change. In downsized companies, staff often wonder how they will handle the extra work and if they are next to go. Let’s say you plan a face-to-face meeting and employees focus on the negatives. Don’t you want them focused on a positive future instead? Naturally, you want your employees focused on new opportunities to succeed, new ways to lend their talents. You want them focused on your organization’s mission. This is what Weave The People was made to do.
3. My meeting budget has been cut. How can I justify the cost?
For the cost of each employee’s hotel lunch, you can build a Weave that brings tangible, lasting results to your organization. A Weave typically costs a tiny fraction of a meeting’s entire budget, but adds value before, during and after an event. If you’re having a face-to-face meeting in a downturn then you already realize the value of your people. Maximize their potential by maximizing their time. With Weave The People, you can remove the randomness of networking and obtain a higher ROI from your meeting and travel budgets.
4. How does a Weave work?
Constructing a Weave is an easy process:
- Weave The People works with you to identify meeting objectives and the types of questions that will entice conversations about important, compelling topics.
- Employees fill out a short survey and provide a photo.
- Weave The People builds a Weave—a visual, interactive display—grouping people by, for example, talents and passions, expertise, business goals and opportunities.
- Attendees view the Weave on the web prior to the event. This gives people the insights and knowledge needed to connect at the event, which results in stronger relationships and greater collaboration after the event.
5. What does a Weave contain?
A Weave contains information that you want your employees to share with each other so that your face-to-face meetings achieve business goals. Typically, employees upload a photo and answer a short set of questions you select based on the meeting’s objective. You may also include their office location, hobbies and other information that you think people will value and build upon.
6. Is it hard and time-consuming to construct a Weave?
We can custom-build a Weave for you in just a few days.
7. How did Weave the People come about?
Weave Technology LLC, founded in 2008, launched Weave The People in October 2009. Weave Technology Founder and CEO Paul Caswell has a gift for aligning technology, purpose and people within an organization. Weave The People is the latest manifestation of his vision that technology can help people unleash their potential.